Saturday, January 10, 2009

Who Says?


I've been thinking a bunch lately about scrapping style. What is mine?
It didn't take long before I realized to the answer that question I needed to determine what my goal was when it came to scrapping. What started out as a hobby, something for fun, quickly turned into having to use the latest products and having to scrap in the latest style. Books, magazines, countless hours researching. For what? Who says what is right and what is wrong in scrapping? Afterall, isn't it a personal expression? Aren't they your memories with your feelings and experiences attached? So I say- go for it, use what you want, scrap how you feel. Let your memories and emotion dictate the page and not something you saw somewhere else. Have fun and scrap from the heart!

My friend Stacie scrapped an album about a trip she took to see a concert..her book inspired me to scrap about a trip we took to Kennedy Space Center...it's not your typical scrapping style and when I posted it online it was met with a very dismal response. So you know what? I'm embarassed to admit, I stopped making the book.
In my quest for organization I came across it, along with all things gathered to complete it. As I looked at the abandoned little album I realized that I really like it. It's fun, it tells the story of our adventure. I like this style of scrapping. I like this book and I don't care if it isn't the latest style or if it uses the latest products. And you know what? I'm going to finish it... just how it is. I think it's out of this world.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That's been my philosophy for a long time... It actually started when I scrapped with a girl at the LSS and she had done what I considered a HORRIBLE page... but she liked it and was proud of it. And I thought, really, that's all that matters is that the creator likes it!! Thanks for this post to remind me of this!!