Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Ho! Ho! Oh, No!


What's wrong with me? I just can't even start thinking thinking about Christmas! Usually my absolute fav time of the year- I used to be one of those nauseatingly merry, merry people. If it stood still it was decorated. My packages wrapped in perfectly coordinating papers and tied with handmade ribbon bows. Suddenly, I find I wish it was all simpler- more about family being together than all the decorations and outrageous spending. I actually think I am just going to display our nativity scene this year and nothing else. I know the dog for one will be happy-no giant red bow around her neck and silly antlers. Here's an Xmas shopping scrapping tip- keep your eyes open for fun ornaments and garlands made for mini-trees. They make great embellishments! The ones shown on this library pocket came from a mini tree garland that I found on clearance right after the holidays. Bonus!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I second your simplifying Christmas -- BUT, I think it might be just because we're in the middle of moving and I can't get decorated ... yet!