Wednesday, August 29, 2007

After !!



As promised here's an after photo of how I remade some of the Scraproom items I've found at Yard Sales and Thrift Stores found in the following post:

http://ourgirlamy.blogspot.com/2007/05/scraproom-thrifting.html

I spray painted the cabinet with the new enamel spray paint. I think it's still a bit splotchy..but, all in all I would use the paint again. The light cream color is perfect for my scrapping room. My albums are so happy in their new home.

The steel file boxes were all also given a facelift with coats of spray paint. To one I added polka dots by first sticking round stickers also found at a yard sale for a quarter in random places before spray painting and then removing them once the paint was nearly dry. Another one of the boxes I used strips of blue painters tape to make the stripes. The large box holds all of my
8 1/2 x 11 specialty papers each in it's own file folder. Mulberry papers, Vellum,
Transparencies etc. The striped and polka dot boxes each hold photographs!

I think they turned out as pretty good looking and I love having my things more organized and easy to access!

1 comment:

Lori McDonald said...

I love them!!! GREAT JOB!!!