Thursday, August 30, 2007

Make Your Own



Let's face it letter stickers are expensive. You wind up using them for the title of one layout and the next time you want to use them it never fails that you've already used up one of the letters you need.

One of my favorite techniques is making my own letters. It's easy. No one else is going to have the same look and they always coordinate with my Layout.

I simply draw my letters onto a piece of patterned paper or cardstock and them cut them out.

The look is always unique and I always have just the letters I need. If this seems to time consuming - do what I do- draw them then wait until that evening and cut them out while watching TV.

Another little hint is to use a hole punch and make a hole in the those hard to cut letters - the center of an "O" for example.

The simple block letters add to the "Kindergarten" feel in the Layout above.. and
the word "Road Trip" in the Layout below really adds to the Freestyle I was hoping to achieve.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I adore the KINDERGARTEN layout!! Fantastic!