Friday, October 26, 2007

Exciting News!

I have exciting news. At least it's exciting to me! About 6 months ago I was able to purchase 5 antique doors. The idea being that I would turn them into desk tops for my scrapping room. The doors all have their original glass knob door knobs and hinges and are painted a creamy off white. Anyway- I've been stumped as to what to do about legs. I've thought and pondered and priced. Then last night I stumbled onto exactly what I was looking for on Ikea.com! Better news yet- we have an Ikea downtown! I also found plexiglass for the tops at Home Depot. It's pretty pricey- so today I am headed to a place nearby that cuts glass to see what they charge. So maybe, just maybe by the end of next week I will have my scrapping room redone and organized. I'm positively giddy!

The reason that it's taken me so long to get hopping on my room redo is because each year I am camp director for a large cubscout weekend long camping event. I plan and purchase supplies for all the activities. Line up all the staff. Design the patches. etc. etc. etc. This year we had 1300 people in attendance! I LOVE doing it -but, it takes up all my creative energy and time and everything else winds up on hold. This years trip was last weekend.

I'm happy to report it was a huge success! Here's a picture of my very tired family Saturday night after the campfire. Yep, that's me- no make-up, hair pulled back- exhausted and happy! Can't wait to do it again next year! Can someone please tell me when my boys got so big?

1 comment:

Robin said...

I can't wait to see the doors when your done Amy. Sounds like they will look wonderful. You have such a great talent. I'm glad your trip was a success and you have a great looking family. Take care.
Robin