Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!


I love halloween. I know that a lot of people think of it as a holiday full of witchcraft and superstitions- but, I think of it as a creative holiday where kids find out that monsters aren't so scary- they are just you friend in a bed sheet.

This year halloween is kind of sad at our house... neither of the boys have any plans and they have pretty much aged out of trick or treating. To make matters worse last year we didn't have a single trick or treater. I am kinda sorta hoping that when Jake comes home from school that he is all excited about some last minute event and that we will get to scramble to put a costume together. I even have dinner in the crockpot so that I can devote myself to costume making if need be.

In the spirit of halloween I am posting some of my past halloween scrapping ideas.
The tags are really detailed- but, were a blast to make. I used small brads to attach the arms and legs so that they still move.
The layout was a fun one to do. I really like the ribbons along the side. I just set eyelets evenly in the orange cardstock and tied a piece of 5 different ribbons in them.

I hope everyone has a terrific halloween.

1 comment:

TammyB said...

Love your Halloween layout :)

I have to admit that being the mom of teenage boys really takes some of the fun out of holidays. My boys are 14 & 17 and Halloween ended for us about 3 years ago.

I've been wanting to mention that I made some paper storage boxes out of priority mail boxes using your directions. They turned out great and I love that the front side is low enough and it makes it easier to "browse" through my paper. Thanks for sharing such a great idea!