Friday, January 25, 2008

Best of Both Worlds


I'm surrounded by males. Between my husband, my two sons, their friends and my Boy Scout Troop- I recently realized that I have become less and less girly over the years- rarely are my nails polished (what's the point we're camping this weekend)I can't remember the last time I wore a dress (not the best hiking attire) and most of my footwear resembles my husbands. At first I was shocked and a little saddened by this revelation. But, then when I really thought about it- it dawned on me that I wasn't an outsider that I had been warmly welcomed into this manly man world full of
good natured ribbing, weekend adventures and football. And you know what? I like it- it's a blast. No one cares that I don't have a manicure or if my shoes are last season. They like me for me! And when there is a reason to put on the ritz and go girly the looks on their faces is priceless- I think I've got the best of both worlds.

No comments: