Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'm Back :)

I'm back in more ways than one. We had a fabulous Christmas and New Years visiting family and friends out of state. Which of course means I came home to stacks of laundry and piles of Christmas gifts needing homes. Which of course went straight into cleaning out closets and sorting of things no longer needed. Which had me buried- organizing things left undone for far to long. While I thought I would be back to having my daily free time by the 1st proved to set me back a week. I apologize- but, I am obstacle free now and plunging head first into a new scrapping year!

I have a list of New Years Resolutions when it comes to scrapping and an even longer list of ideas fit for 2008!

Without further ado- Paper piecing! This fun and fabulous technique has somehow gotten pushed to the wayside. Why, oh, why? Without a doubt it one of the most vesatile and budget conscience techniques in a scrappers arsenal. It's a resolution on my list to paper piece more! Maybe it isn't the "in" technique at the moment-but, I vow to stick to my guns and bring it back into my scrapping this year.

This title page in an album I did for my Mom is a perfect example. I had so much fun piecing it together and thought it looked spectacular. (if I do say so myself) and I dare you to find anyone else who has one exactly like it! A bonus is that I made it entirely from scraps. The total cost was a little glue! Now how can anyone beat that?

2 comments:

Lori McDonald said...

OOh I am sooo glad you are back!!!

You know me - I love love love paper piecing - and die cutting and SCRAPS!!!!!!

Lori

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful page! Welcome back - you were missed!!
Blessings,
Deb