Friday, May 30, 2008

Details, Details


At first glance this looks like a typical layout. But, on closer inspection you'll find there are a lot of details. Including the frame around the photo.

To achieve this look I allowed a one inch border of brown cardstock on either side of my photo. Along this border in sort of a random pattern I placed silver star brads. Once I checked to make sure I could easily slip my photograph into place, I removed the photo and began painting everything with brown acrylic paint. It took a couple of coats of paint, so be patient. Once everything dried I glued my photograph into place. This is a technique I know I will be using a lot more often.
While the cool 3-D effect is difficult to see in the photographs I highly recommend that you give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: