Sunday, May 4, 2008

Masculine Pages


Just a couple of magazine ads for IKEA- but, I took some scrapping tips from them. Stripes=Strenght, Pattern=Power. Pretty interesting. I'd say this holds true when thinking about bold stripes and bold colors and shapes in patterns.



I love the stitching around the letters- they look like felt lettering. Using a simple font the words just jump off the page. All in all these ads have helped me- having 2 sons I do a lot of masculine pages. In a world of scrapping that has embraced, glitter, bling and an endless array of flowers, masculine pages can sometimes be tough. I equate it to clothes shopping. Women's clothing makes up 75% of the floor in any department store with the Men's section religated to just a corner. Blue, Green, Khaki, Blue, Green, Khaki, Brown, Black, Brown, Black.
Yawn.

No comments: