Monday, November 5, 2007

Photo Clues


Being the Mom of 2 boys I rarely get to do "girl things". Especially when on vacation-most of our activities revolve around what the male 3/4 want to do. On a trip to Charleston I really wanted to visit the Old Exhange and everyone agreed
that we should make a stop so I could see it. I was so fascinated watching the women weave baskets from reed. I could have stayed there all day. Of course while interested the men became restless pretty quickly- so I snapped some pictures and off we went.
I really wanted my layout to showcase the beauty of the baskets so for my title I used a piece of paper that had the texture and look of woven baskets. I glued a portion of the paper to piece of chipboard and then on the back traced (backwards)some of my Making Memories chipboard letters and then cut them out.
I love using chipboard letters and Heidi Swapp ghost alphabets as templates. It's a great way to stretch your scrapping buck!
I also love finding something in my photographs and using that as the inspiration for
my title. Be it a color or a texture- it's even fun to make letters from the unused portion of cropped photographs. So my tip for today is don't let the letters that you buy stay as they are- use them as templates and make something really special.

No comments: