Friday, December 7, 2007

Dreary Winter Day


As soon as the sun came up this morning you could tell it was going to be one of those day gray days. Winter is definately here. Part of me is glad because it has been so warm and sunny that I can't get into the Christmas spirit. Another part of me misses the sunshine. So I thought I would bring a little summer to my blog today.
This layout is from a trip we took to the beach. We love to catch blue crab! As a scrapper I have always done my own layout and design work.



This crab layout is the first time I have ever worked from a sketch and I loved it! Using the sketch allowed me to focus more on my paper choices and embellishments and took some of the guess work out of designing. If you've never used a sketch you should try it. You can find a bunch of awesome sketches here:

http://gallery.rockymountainhobbies.com/showgallery.php?cat=620

No comments: