Sunday, December 9, 2007

"Tis the Season to be Crafty!


Whew- I've been busy lately making all sorts of things for the holidays.
Including these cool chipboard ornaments. The chipboard and paper is
by Cosmo Cricket. I just glue the paper to the chipboard, trim and sand the edges with a fingernail file and add some Tim Holtz Distress Ink to give them a look of age. Then I add a little copper glitter and a cool copper hanger. I bought a box 1000 copper "fasteners" at an estate sale for $1.00. I have no idea what they are really for... maybe paperclips. But, I think they give my tags an extra cool touch.

I am thinking of using them as gift tags on my packages and wrapping my packages in brown shipping paper instead of printed gift wrap and using torn strips of fabric in place of ribbon. We'll see. Time is ticking and I have yet to purchase gift 1! Eeek.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I love your idea of wrapping your gifts in brown shipping paper! That will make your tags really stand out! With the busy holiday paper, most tags just get overlooked. I might try that, too!

Jenni said...

Hi Amy! I'm Jenni and I just wanted you to know that I've spotlighted your blog at Coordinates Collections (www.coordinatescollections.com) scrap kit club this week! I spotlight a blog every week of a fellow scrapper who's blog is inspiring and full of talent...I came across yours and loved it! COme by and chat with us on our boards...you'll need to register if you haven't already (which is easy). To find your spotlight, click on the "Blogging" thread in the main index. Happy Scrapping!

Lori McDonald said...

How dod you find the coolest stuff!! I want to come junk hunting with you....

Pleassssseeeee - I've been good this year!!!

Hohohoho~

Lori