Friday, December 14, 2007

Plan Ahead


For really great holiday layouts think about photographs you'd love to have before the big day arrives and make a mental list or even write it down. It's so easy in the excitement and hustle of the day to forget to take some of the shots you were hoping to snap.
For the layout above I wanted to scrap about my Father In Law and how all his Grand kids gather at his feet as he reads about the first Christmas from the Bible. Shots on my list for this year include:

1). Cookies - there are a bunch of cookies that have been holiday traditions in our
celebration and this year I want to get pictures of the actual cookies themselves
and of people baking them.

2). Santa's cookie plate - cookies partially eaten, crumpled napkin and all.

3). Kids sleeping in their beds on Christmas Eve.

4). Stuffed Stockings along the mantel.

5). Special ornaments hanging on the tree. I may have everyone hold up their favorite
ornament and tell me why they love it so much.

6). The piles of wrapping and bows that collect on the floor after the unwrapping
frenzy.

Think about what makes your holiday celebration uniquely your own- in my opinion this is what makes a layout truly great!

No comments: