Thursday, December 13, 2007

Embellishments


I've been making things from felted wool for years. It's a craft that I am drawn to again and again. This week while watching TV in the evenings I've been making these
cute snowmen! I will use them on packages tied in with my bows, they can be hung as ornaments, or used for embellishments on Scrapbook pages or Christmas Cards.

I purchase wool clothing (skirts yeild the most wool) from Thrift stores, bring it home and felt it and then use it for my wool creations. The pattern was found in a Better Homes and Gardens Christmas Crafts magazine.

If you like the look of felt in your scrapbooks I think this takes it one step further- with a much more professional, finished appearance. Better yet, the average
skirt can be purchased at a thrift store for under $3.00! Making it a very thrifty craft material.

Best of all - you'll have darling embellishments made by you!

No comments: