Thursday, September 20, 2007

Art Inspiration Journal -Day 1

Creating this journal entry wasn't hard...posting it is!

"I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don't set goals in our life & learn how to master the technique of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age & look back on our lifeonly to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life." -M. Russell Ballard

This is quote given for Day 1 of the Challenge. In my art inspiration journal I doodled a page about my creative goal. To find confidence in my own style and to lose the fear of what others will think of my creations!

As creative people we all buy books and magazines and spend forever on the internet looking at other peoples work. But, when you stop and think about it the people that inspire us the most are those who do their own thing! Isn't that what we are all searching to find? Someone whose ideas are new and different? Why can't we be *those* people?

I truly think that new and different ideas are inside all of us.. we just need the confidence to let them out! So here's my journal entry.. done quickly with a couple of sharpies. I'm amazed at how many things I had to say about this topic- it's definately been on my mind longer than even I realized and today I'm letting it all hang out!

6 comments:

Casii said...

Your words are so true. I'm STILL trying to find my own 'style'. Applauding your efforts!

Christi said...

I absolutely love what you have done on this page and the thought behind it is even better. Fantastic!!! smiles...

Patricia Roebuck said...

I couldn't agree more with you. Great post and love your work!!

Renée said...

Beautiful Page! Good luck with the challenges!

Rhonna said...

LOVE seeing your art journal..keep up the great work in The {21} Challenge!
Rhonna

{connie} said...

absolutely beautiful!!! love your free spirti in your journal. remember you are creating your own style in your aRt work and in lifE. just enjoy the ride. *hugs* connie