Friday, September 21, 2007

Patterned Chipboard

While working on the challenge I haven't forgotten about those of you who check my blog for techniques and ideas! So on some days I will be making multiple posts. This
is a circle journal that I created from a $1.00 Target Dollar Spot album. The album came with a kraft brown cover that already had the square hole in the center. Since the theme for my Circle Journal was "Outside My Window" I decided the square "hole" would make a perfect window. I made the window frame and dividers from wooden sticks found at Walmart. I whitewashed them with white acrylic paint and then cut them to size and glued them into place. The sky patterned paper was cut to size and adhered to the back of the cover for depth. The curtain is made from floral ribbon that I folded accordian style and glued into place. Finally, the flowers are white and off white Prima flowers that I inked to the colors of my choice and the centers are just punched from patterned paper.

The siding and the chipboard letters are made using the same technique. Using a glue stick coat chipboard entirely and adhere your patterned paper onto it. If you have a brayer or a rolling pin - go over it to make sure that everything is stuck and there aren't any air bubbles.
For the siding I cut quarter inch strips and then slightly over lapped them when glueing them to the album. I hand cut the title- but, you can use a die cutting system if you have one. It's a great way to make unique chipboard letters!

2 comments:

Heather said...

This was an ABSOLUTELY gorgeous CJ!! LOVED working in it - although it made me feel really, really inadequete!

Lori McDonald said...

I LOVE THIS AMY!!!!

We need to together and scrap!!!

Lori