Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Drowning in Scraps

Truth is there is only so many hours in a day.. yet somehow I always try and make a couple extra hours magically appear. The only thing that keeps me grounded is being creative. When I am making something I find that I become totally immersed in what I am doing. Suddenly, all the other things I need to do disappear from mind and I am
only there in that moment.

I am swamped. Overloaded. I've reached the point of **TILT**
I am the Committee Chair of a Boy Scout Troop
I am the Camp Director in October for a weekend long camp for 1500 people and have to plan and provide everything needed.
My oldest son has his Board of Review Saturday for his Eagle Rank- if he is approved I will need to plan his Eagle Ceremony and Reception. Meaning food, decorations, invitations, thank-you gifts, etc. etc. (you get the picture)
I will need to have my house guest ready as out of town family and friends would like to attend his ceremony.
I need to get his scrapbook completed to be on display.
My youngest son is going backpacking this weekend and somehow I have to come up with a very lightweight menu he can carry on his back that isn't complicated so he can
cook it himself.
I am the Design Team Coordinator for Rocky Mountain Hobbies and have to keep up with
my duties there as well as come up with great creative ideas and inspiration.
My church has been meeting in a high school and our Grand Opening of our newly built church is the first weekend in October. I'd really like to contribute.
I have 2 dental surgeries planned in the next 2 weeks. (one is today)
Friday I have a very important meeting at my sons school.

The list is endless!

How are we to do it all and still keep true to our creative self? I'm convinced the answer is in organization and time saving ideas. How do you carve time out of your
busy schedule for scrapping?

This is an area I would love to explore more here on my blog. My creative side is
desperate for solutions and lack of sleep just isn't going to cut it anymore. I refuse to believe that I can't do it all. How about you?

No comments: