Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Good Enough To Eat!


Created for an 8x8 recipe swap this layout incorporates a bunch of nifty tricks! Let's start with the fringe. One of the scrapping tools that I couldn't do without is a small hole punch. I find I use it all the time.
Here I used it to punch a row of holes to hang fringe. The fringe is made from different colors of embroidery floss tied into the holes and then cut the same length. I used the colors in the striped paper as guide when picking out the floss and for the order in which to hang it.

The cactus was made from one of those inexpensive foam stamps using acrylic paint on white cardstock. Once dried it was cut out and adhered to the layout with pop dots.

Another tip are the small flowers on the cactus. I order Prima flowers in whites and off whites and then ink them to change them to whatever color I might need- in this case red and blue.

Finally, I added images of the actual ingredients to my journaling. These were found by using Google.com and clicking on Images when doing a search!

Bonus.... don't forget about the recipe it's delicious and a GREAT one to take to picnics and potlucks!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

This is my all-time favorite recipe card, hands down!!